The Role of Potato For Skin Whitening
The potato or raw potato is a very beneficial food also for skin care, especially for its content of vegetable starch and vitamin C. This tuber can help us to considerably improve the beauty of our skin for several reasons, we will see below in detail what are the main advantages of the potato for skin whitening:
- It has a perfect anti-aging action to prevent and fight wrinkles.
- The starch and vitamin C it contains are ideal for removing skin spots, dark spots that may appear due to age or sun exposure, such as marks or scars left on the face by acne. It helps to obtain a lighter, more beautiful and even skin.
- Helps to eliminate dark circles and swelling of the eyelids by promoting blood circulation around the eyes and reducing blood vessel dilation in this area. At the same time, it decongests and refreshes the eye area.
- Combats dryness of the skin and prevents dehydration.
- They contain vitamin C, sulphur, potassium and copper, nutrients that make them an incredible natural remedy to treat acne on the skin.
- Illuminates the skin and erases signs of fatigue or fatigue from the face.
- It helps to relieve the skin in case of minor sunburn.
There is anecdotal evidence that its application to the skin can brighten it up a little. But nothing drastic and you are still at risk of irritation.
There are several ways to keep your skin lighter:
- Ingredients such as
- Azelaic acid
- Glycolic acid or mandelic or lactic acid
- Kojic acid
And a few others. They simply reduce your skin’s ability to produce melanin. Once you have finished using them, you will make your basic melanin again!
- Strict UV protection. Nothing darkens you faster!
- Chemical peels help to exfoliate melanin and keep the skin more radiant.
Applying potatoes to your face can lighten your skin without damaging your skin.
Grate a potato and mix it with honey. Take a medium sized potato (any type of white potato may be suitable) and grate it in a bowl. Add enough honey to make a paste.
Apply the mixture to brown spots.
Let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Raw potato. The juice of a raw potato would have mild whitening properties that naturally lighten the skin, due to the high amounts of vitamin C it contains (vitamin C is found in many skin lightening products).
Simply cut a raw potato in half and rub the exposed flesh against the skin you want to thin. You will need to repeat it frequently in order to obtain meaningful results.
Cucumbers and tomatoes, which also contain high levels of vitamin C, are other fruits and vegetables that are said to give the same results.
Lighten the skin with a potato facial mask
- Potato – 1
- Raw milk – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
First, boil a raw potato for a few minutes until it is boiled and soft. Then peel the skin and crush it into a thin paste. Now add olive oil to the potato paste and add raw milk to this mixture to mix them well and obtain a soft and spreadable paste. Then apply this paste to clean skin and leave to set for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, rinse the dough with warm water.