The Role of Potato For Skin Whitening
The potato or raw potato is a very beneficial food also for skin care, especially for its content of vegetable starch and vitamin C. This tuber can help us to considerably improve the beauty of our skin for several reasons, we will see below in detail what are the main advantages of the potato for skin whitening:
- It has a perfect anti-aging action to prevent and fight wrinkles.
- The starch and vitamin C it contains are ideal for removing skin spots, dark spots that may appear due to age or sun exposure, such as marks or scars left on the face by acne. It helps to obtain a lighter, more beautiful and even skin.
- Helps to eliminate dark circles and swelling of the eyelids by promoting blood circulation around the eyes and reducing blood vessel dilation in this area. At the same time, it decongests and refreshes the eye area.
- Combats dryness of the skin and prevents dehydration.
- They contain vitamin C, sulphur, potassium and copper, nutrients that make them an incredible natural remedy to treat acne on the skin.
- Illuminates the skin and erases signs of fatigue or fatigue from the face.
- It helps to relieve the skin in case of minor sunburn.
There is anecdotal evidence that its application to the skin can brighten it up a little. But nothing drastic and you are still at risk of irritation.
- Advantages of the Potato Face Pack
It helps you to remove ugly stains, stains and impurities.
Reduces inflammation caused by bruises, rashes and ulcers.
Helps reduce swollen eyes.
Delays the signs of aging.
Contains antioxidants that protect your skin from environmental pollution and sun exposure.
- And, here’s a secret: it’s pretty easy to include the potato in your daily skin care. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or spend the whole day preparing these simple face packs. Read on to learn more.
- Potato juice for skin lightening
Grate potatoes to squeeze the juice out of them and apply regularly to the face. This will help lighten your skin. It acts like a natural bleach and helps reduce swelling on the face. You will notice the difference in your skin tone when you start applying potato juice to your face daily. No review back then (winks)
Potato and lemon juice
Take equal parts of potato juice and lemon juice and dab it on your face with a cotton pad. Lemon has acidic and astringent properties and this solution acts like a natural bleaching agent, giving you lighter and brighter skin.Potato and Fuller’s Earth Face Pack
Mix 2-3 small potatoes in a mixer until they become a thin consistency. Take a tablespoon of fuller soil and just a pinch of camphor (if you suffer from acne or pimples) and mix it properly with the potato paste. Fuller’s Earth has soothing properties that help to correct pimples and acne. After storing it for about 15-20 minutes, wash your face with circular movements of your hands. Do this at least three times a week for immediate results.
Potato, cucumber, lemon and turmeric face pack
Pour into a blender, potatoes after peeling, a small cucumber, a tablespoon lemon juice and very little turmeric powder. Put this mixture in a bowl and apply evenly to face and neck. Leave on for at least half an hour and then rinse with lukewarm water. It gives you a radiant and clear skin in no time at all and is very effective for people with oily skin.
Lightening face pack for potato and tomato skin
Tomatoes, which are rich in vitamin C, help to increase skin elasticity and collagen production in the skin and give you beautiful skin. Mix tomato juice and potato juice in equal parts and apply to the tanned body and face using a cotton swab. Do this regularly to maintain flawless, beautiful skin. You can also store this solution in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Potatoes and honey
This simple treatment includes only honey and potato juice. All you have to do is mix the two ingredients well and apply evenly to the face and neck. Leave on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. While the potato’s natural bleaches help lighten the skin tone, honey works to soften the skin by moisturizing it.
Potato, rice flour and lemon face pack
Mix rice flour, potato juice, honey and some lemon juice in a bowl (optional). Mix all ingredients well to get a thick consistency. Apply this paste to the face, neck and other parts of the body affected by the tan. This method works like a natural scrubbing brush and if you rinse the pack with cold water, move your hands in a circular motion for best results. Rice flour helps get rid of dead skin cells, potato and lemon juice makes your skin firmer, while honey helps get moist skin.
Potatoes and protein
In a bowl take an egg white and some potato juice and mix well. Apply this preparation to the face and neck and let it work for about 15 minutes. Both potatoes and eggs are filled with protein that makes the skin firmer and more radiant! Do this twice a week to see the results.
Try these simple DIYs in the comfort of your home and see the difference in your skin tone in no time. All the best!
There are several ways to keep your skin lighter:
- Ingredients such as
- Azelaic acid
- Glycolic acid or mandelic or lactic acid
- Kojic acid
And a few others. They simply reduce your skin’s ability to produce melanin. Once you have finished using them, you will make your basic melanin again!
- Strict UV protection. Nothing darkens you faster!
- Chemical peels help to exfoliate melanin and keep the skin more radiant.
Applying potatoes to your face can lighten your skin without damaging your skin.
Grate a potato and mix it with honey. Take a medium sized potato (any type of white potato may be suitable) and grate it in a bowl. Add enough honey to make a paste.
Apply the mixture to brown spots.
Let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Raw potato. The juice of a raw potato would have mild whitening properties that naturally lighten the skin, due to the high amounts of vitamin C it contains (vitamin C is found in many skin lightening products).
Simply cut a raw potato in half and rub the exposed flesh against the skin you want to thin. You will need to repeat it frequently in order to obtain meaningful results.
Cucumbers and tomatoes, which also contain high levels of vitamin C, are other fruits and vegetables that are said to give the same results.
Lighten the skin with a potato facial mask
- Potato – 1
- Raw milk – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
First, boil a raw potato for a few minutes until it is boiled and soft. Then peel the skin and crush it into a thin paste. Now add olive oil to the potato paste and add raw milk to this mixture to mix them well and obtain a soft and spreadable paste. Then apply this paste to clean skin and leave to set for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, rinse the dough with warm water.
Potato And Rice Flour Face Pack For Pigmentation
You Will Need
- 1 teaspoon potato juice
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
What You Have To Do
- Mix all the ingredients into a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it to dry.
- Use water to scrub the dry face pack gently. Clean your face thoroughly in a circular motion.
How Often You Should Do This
Twice a week.
Why This Works
Potato juice aids tan removal and spot reduction while the rice flour scrubs the dead cells from your skin, leaving it glowing and soft. Lemon juice tightens the pores, and honey keeps the skin moisturized.
Dilute the lemon juice in case you have super sensitive skin as it might cause skin irritation.